The Problem: High statistics of mental and physical stress leading to negative coping skills, injuries, burn out, pre-mature retirement and death.
The Answer: Yoga For First Responders. YFFR Protocol is a systematic answer to this known problem. We provide a safe, effective and sustainable skill set to benefit the first responder population.These benefits include:
- Optimal levels of performance on the job
- Ability to process stress leading to growth vs. depletion
- A thriving personal life
- A proactive approach for strengthening mental and physical resilience
Seattle Teacher Training: SOLD OUT
Join us at the Seattle Fire Department for the next session of YFFR Teacher Training. Becoming a certified Liaison, Teacher, or Ambassador will not only prepare you to deliver the WHY and HOW of teaching yoga to first responders, but also how to successfully achieve buy-in and implement programming on an operational level.
When: June 17-22, 2019
Where: City of Seattle Joint Training Facility
2019 Seattle Scholarship Information
Please read the following information carefully before deciding to apply for the Yoga for First Responders (YFFR) scholarship program. Please be sure you can comply with all the listed requirements before applying. Please read the application carefully as well. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- There will be two full scholarships available for each training. Both of the full scholarships will cover the cost of the full training (Tracks 1, 2 and 3-explanations of Tracks 1, 2, and 3 are available on our website). Applicants must be willing to become a YFFR Ambassador by attending and completing all three tracks. One full scholarship will be provided to a current or retired first responder (police, fire, EMS, corrections officer, dispatch) and one full scholarship will be provided to a civilian outside the first responder field (yoga teacher, administrator, wellness coordinator, mental health care professional, etc). Lodging, food and travel are not covered by YFFR scholarships.
- Two partial scholarships will also be awarded for each training. The scholarship will allow the recipient to pay $750 for Tracks 1-3 (regularly $1199). Applicants must be willing to become a YFFR Ambassador by attending and completing all three tracks. One partial scholarship will be provided to a current or retired first responder (police, fire, EMS, corrections officer, dispatch) and one full scholarship will be provided to a civilian outside the first responder field (yoga teacher, administrator, wellness coordinator, mental health care professional, etc). Lodging, food and travel are not covered by YFFR scholarships.
- The runner up for the full scholarship will receive the partial scholarship for each category. There is no need to apply more than once. Your application will automatically be considered for both.
- The scholarship process will consist of an application process and an interview process. You will be notified by email if you have been selected for an interview that will occur via video conference.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to sign a contract agreeing to complete all the requirements for Tracks 1-3 within 8 weeks of completion of the training unless otherwise approved by the Director of YFFR in advance.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to sign a contract agreeing to have a signed service agreement in place with a department within one year of completion of the training. Don’t worry, we’ll help with this!
- Scholarship recipients who do not complete these requirements will be required to re-pay 80% of their scholarship amount to YFFR within 30 days of the deadline.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship applications will be due March 31, 2019 at 23:59 (11:59 PM) CDT.
- Applicants will be notified by April 15, 2019 of the status of their application, via email, whether you will receive an interview or not. Please provide a current email address for all the notifications for this process. If your email is incorrect, we will not investigate further to find you.
- Final notification will be given by May 1, 2019. You will receive an email, whether you will be receiving a scholarship or not.
- To guarantee a spot in training (seats are limited), you may register and pay the registration fee and if you are chosen for a scholarship, your fees will be refunded. If you are not prepared to attend training without scholarship, please do not register before notification of your scholarship status as there will be no refunds given.
- All decisions regarding scholarships are final. There will be no appeal process.
If you have questions about the scholarship application process, please contact us at email@example.com.