What is Yoga for First Responders (YFFR) Protocol?
YFFR Protocol is a systematic answer to a known problem in public safety: The high statistics of mental and physical stress leading to negative coping skills, injuries, burn out, pre-mature retirement and death. YFFR Protocol provides a safe, effective and sustainable skill set to benefit the first responder population.
These benefits include:
- Optimal levels of performance on the job
- Ability to process stress leading to growth vs. depletion
- A thriving personal life
- A proactive approach for strengthening mental and physical resilience
Who Should Attend a YFFR Train The Trainer?
Yoga for First Responders’ trainings are open to anyone looking to have deeper knowledge of the psychophysiological benefits of yoga. This includes:
• Yoga teachers
• First responders
• Friends and family
• Social workers
• Anyone who works with these communities
YFFR Train the Trainers will not only prepare you to deliver the why and how of teaching yoga to first responders, but also how to successfully achieve buy-in and implement programming on an operational level. A public safety agency can send personnel or a civilian to our Train the Trainer specifically to bring YFFR program back to their departments and academies. Special discounts apply, please email email@example.com
What does the YFFR Train the Trainer Curriculum look like?
LEVEL ONE – INSTRUCTOR
Being a YFFR Instructor certifies you to teach YFFR Protocol through official programming in a public safety department. Trainees will receive:
• An understanding of the culture and personality of Law Enforcement and Fire Service
• Best practices and Smart Teaching Tools for yoga instruction
• An in-depth explanation of Post Traumatic Stress and Vicarious Traumatization, along with their manifestations.
• A deeper look at the science of yoga as it relates to trauma
• Breakdown of YFFR protocol and curriculum
• An overview of trauma-specific yoga cognitive training techniques
• Practices for self-care for the teacher who serves
• Extensive reference materials and a thorough digital “Instructor Toolkit” to support you after this training. YFFR will be with you all the way.
• Three pre-written YFFR classes with additional available in the Instructor Toolkit
• YFFR Training Manual and Outline
Level One consists of 30 hours of classroom time. A practical test and an at-home, open book written test are required to receive your certificate. 10 hours of CEU credits are available through Yoga Alliance™
Instructors include: Olivia Kvitne, Jeff Masters, Assistant Chief Christopher Davis, Lieutenant
LEVEL TWO – AMBASSADOR
Being a YFFR Ambassador certifies you to instruct YFFR Protocol in public safety departments and recruit academies using our official Academy Curriculum, deliver training demos, in-service training curriculum and conference presentations through official YFFR programming. Ambassadors can be called upon to assist with big events and presentations and hold the potential to lead the YFFR efforts for a certain city or region. Level One training is a pre-requisite. Trainees will receive:
• Introduction to Tactical Skills for Law Enforcement and Fire Skills
• Deeper practices for self-care for the teacher who serves
• Self-Myofascial Release – Eradicating Trauma from Connective Tissue
• Introduction to Yin Yoga
• The science behind the “Flow State” or being “in the zone” and how to easily access it for optimal levels of performance
• Breakdown of YFFR Academy Curriculum (Law Enforcement, Fire Service, Telecommunicators) and how to effectively deliver it
• Breakdown of YFFR Training Demo and In-Service Curriculum and how to effectively deliver it
• More pre-written practices for YFFR Protocol classes
• Access to the digital “Ambassador Toolkit”
Level Two consists of 30 hours of classroom time. Ride-alongs for civilians, a written essay, required reading, and documentation of 5 classes taught are required to receive an Ambassador certificate. 15 hours of CEU credits are available through Yoga Alliance™ Instructors include: Olivia Kvitne, Jeff Masters, Top Instructors in Firearms, Defensive Tactics and Fire Service from around the country.